Yes, MySpace has removed 90,000 sexual predators from the site. The number has doubled from last year's estimates. Is this really surprising to anyone? Anyone use MySpace? I have an account which I use predominantly as a way to keep track of my favorite bands, but even that has kind of died off for me. I have received incredible stupid things on that site from sexual solicitations to chain letters. That being said maybe people should have better control over who they contact on the site. I am not defending the sexual predators at all; they shouldn't be on the site. However, what happened to basic Internet safety? Don't give away personal information. Don't "friend" people you don't know.
I understand the concern about the sexual predators on the site, but where there is a will there is a way. As my roomie would say, "Creepers will find a way."
Good Morning Freedom
-
Since I've been working on taking photos more than drawing, I've started a
new blog. I'll continue to update this one - about as much as I already do
- but...
16 years ago
1 comment:
it turns out myspace is the horrible ghetto of the internet? man who knew
Post a Comment