I just finished watching Julie & Julia and I have to say, it really was quite inspiring. For those of you who haven't seen the movie (which I fully realize is probably just me) the main premise is as follows: Julie decides to begin a blog that will chronicle 365 days of cooking every recipe in Julia Child's book Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Her main reason for doing so is that she's in a rut and she's looking for a change and most importantly (to me anyway) she's never finished anything.
This is the part of the movie that I really can relate to. I wish I had the gumption to do something like this, but even as I was watching the movie I was thinking, "Oh, I could never do that recipe!" I still can't even imagine going through all 500+ recipes without skipping over any. That's some incredible gumption.
Right now, my schedule is wide open. I was supposed to be in class for a summer session right now, but it was canceled due to a lack of enrollment so currently, I waste away most of my days watching television or straightening up the house. And you know what? Last week, I decided to cook some homemade macaroni and cheese, which I've never done before and I found it so relaxing and the day went by so much faster than any of the other days last week. The recipe I was working with didn't call for any seasoning aside from a 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper, so I opted to throw in some paprika, rosemary, and oregano, and it actually wasn't half bad. Maybe there is something to a project like this.
I'm not saying I'm going to take on this project, this project is not mine, but I feel inspired to do something. Hm, let me get back to you on this.
Oh, as far as the movie? 4/5 Very cute, great acting.
Good Morning Freedom
-
Since I've been working on taking photos more than drawing, I've started a
new blog. I'll continue to update this one - about as much as I already do
- but...
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment