Monday, August 16, 2010

Comic University: Love It!







These were posted by Chase Mitchell on CollegeHumor.com. I love this, some more than others. For example my favorite is the first image of Wonder Woman and Superman. Just something a little feel good. Especially sense there is a new study out saying comic heroes are detrimental to boys. The article was picked up by io9.com, who I usually love, but the author of the post seems to have taken offense to the idea that boys are being badly shaped by comic heroes. I'm not really sold on the whole pop culture ruins everyone. What I think the comic industry does need to recognize is the overly sexual images of women and lack of development of female characters. This isn't always the case; characters like Wonder Woman exists and Rogue enjoy a huge story arch in X-men Legacy. But like the Twilight series women have a history of playing support roles to further their male counterparts.

Regardless, fun pictures!


No comments: