Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Things you never think are important until it comes up in conversation...

So, I'm currently planning a wedding and as the date rapidly approaches, my mother asks more and more specific questions about things I haven't really thought about yet.

The other night, she and I were talking about wording for the invitations. I said that we would probably rather keep it informal and noted in passing that I hate the use of "Mr. and Mrs. John Doe give their daughter blah blah blah" because I feel that my parents had an equal partnership in my raising and my mother should be named as well. Of course, I started this sentence with "As a feminist..." and my moms eyes turned to saucers gasping, "you're a feminist?!".

Uh... aren't you?

Anyway, I am now nervous about how they're going to react when I suggest they both walk me down the aisle. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Kari said...

I am so in love with you right now...thought you should know.

Cari said...

:) <3