Thursday, January 22, 2009

Gitmo Down, Now What About That Global Gag Rule?

Excuse me Mr. Obama, but I think you forgot something. Don't get me wrong I love this man, but really the Global Gag Rule has been in place long enough.

Congrats, Mr. President on he Executive Order that is closing Gitmo and the other prison camps around the world. There are of course restrictions and the likes on this, but it leaves me optimistic. We'll see though, I will be less enthusiastic if this takes all year.

4 comments:

Cari said...

They were talking about the Global Gag Rule all day on NPR today. I thought of you :)

Kari said...

So sweet.

J.N. said...

I can see how they won't be able to close it overnight: the question of where the hell to put some of these people is a tough one. But a year really seems like a lot more time than they really need. Maybe that'll just work as a worst case, and everyone will be sorted away in a few months?

Kari said...

I don't remember the group, but one said it could be done in three months.