The Ten is an interesting film, generally considered an indie comedy. The basis of the film is that this guy, played by Paul Rudd, presents ten stories based on the ten commandments. In between each story it cuts back to Rudd's character and his life; this provides an interesting juxtaposition between Rudd's character and the story being told. His story is actually the tenth, about adultery. The stories range from intelligent and funny to almost disbelief to dragging. The first half of the film drags; I seriously considered turning it off except I wanted to see who else was in it. In every scene, I was looking for who would walk on camera. Personally, my favorite story was the take the Lord's name is vain.
I give it a 3.5/5; it began really slow.
Good Morning Freedom
-
Since I've been working on taking photos more than drawing, I've started a
new blog. I'll continue to update this one - about as much as I already do
- but...
16 years ago
5 comments:
This was cute, but I think your rating fits really well.
Yes! I was successful.
I liked it a lot- been while since I saw it but I don't remember disliking the first half. Argh, now I'm going to have to go hunting through the dvd stores here to find it- anything with the Stella/Wet Hot American Summer crew is always worth watching.
J.N. I like the way you think. Wet Hot American Summer is easily one of my top five favorite movies, ever.
Who doesn't love Wet Hot American Summer? Another draw back to The Ten was the rape jokes.
Post a Comment