Well, I say no. I say if the Republicans threaten to filibuster every Democratic bill let them. They're the ones who will have to field the questions about why unemployment benefits haven't been extended when they are so desperately needed. I also challenge they to try because I feel CSPAN isn't watchable enough, and watching McCain trying to filibuster on Christmas day makes me warm inside. Yeah, war on Christmas bitches. Balls to the wall kids, time to do something or at least try. And by that I don't mean cave. If we've given in to them already what will the next Congressional term be like? I don't want to think about it.
I had my final class of the semester last night. One girl in my class said the federal government is too big and needs to be smaller and stay out of states issues. She went on to say the Chinese don't think critically, which is why U.S. education is better. The wonderful woman who sits across from me and I gasped; she met my eyes and mouthed racism. I'm glad the class is over. Though several of us discussed how bad things are going to get in the next two years...Pretty bleak.
No comments:
Post a Comment