Monday, December 13, 2010

Think your job is depressing?

I saw this and had to talk about it. Mostly, because what English major didn't want to be a writer one day. Sometimes I still think about how awesome it would be, and my darling co-blogger is a teacher.

Health.com has a list of the most depressing jobs. They are as follows:
1. Nursing home/child care workers
2. Food service staff
3. Social workers
4. Health-care workers
6. Teachers
7. Administrative staff support
8. Maintenance and grounds workers
9. Financial advisers and accountants
10. Salespeople

Personally, I love when they speculate that creative people just have more mood disorders to begin with. I wouldn't be depressed it I didn't feel compelled to smoke and drink when writing like every other writer ever. Anyway just something to make you smile...doom, doom, doom.

Additionally, I've have had a few of these jobs, and sometimes they just suck.

3 comments:

Cari said...

Ahhh, coming in at number 6!

Darby M. Dixon III said...

I'm bummed that I'm more bummed than salespeople.

Kari said...

Aw, come on. I'm surprised politicians aren't listed...some to think of it they might be the only one's not listed.