Sen. Sanders led an eight and a half hour "kind of" filibuster on the Senate floor to rail against the Obama extension of the Bush tax cuts. My favorite quote from the day was "I'm not here to set any great records or to make a spectacle," Sanders said at the top of his speech. "I am simply here today to take as long as I can to explain to the American people the fact that we have got to do a lot better than this agreement provides."
He had support from Senator Brown (Oh) and Senator Landrieu (La). Shout out to both for sharing their disapproval of the tax deal as well. Sen. Brown was on a few of the cable networks this week, and I love all things Ohio.
In the end it doesn't sound like this accomplished much except maybe showing a few liberals have spinal columns. Maybe, there will be some good news coming out soon about a revised plan. I doubt it though.
No comments:
Post a Comment