Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dear Mr. President:

President Obama and White House Staff:

I am writing to express my concern over bending to the will of the incoming Republican leadership. I worry that extending the Bush tax cuts is only the beginning and that it will only get worse. What happened to the leadership we voted for and more importantly organized for?Do you believe in these tax cuts for the wealthiest 3% of the population? If not, then don't pretend that you do, after all this might be the only time public opinion is on your side. You've let women down, you've let gays down, but are you also going to let down the poor for the promotion of the wealthy? If you believe every Democratic backed bill will be filibustered by the Republicans then let them. Let them hold up unemployment benefits and everything else; they'll look like fools and maybe you'll stop looking weak. I've been a supporter even when the rest of the liberals started getting nervous, but now I'm just disappointed. Politics is politics, but this is not why I vote. I believed that you would do something to change the current state of things, and I had no lofty goals that you would single handedly fix the economy, but I expected some return.

Sincerely,
Kari

No comments: